Do you match your socks?


Long time no see, hello again! I've had a good couple of weeks with changes to my sleep-wake cycle, more frequent communes with nature, more meditation and writing. Most excitingly I've been working on illustrating a children's book. It's my first time illustrating a book and I am eager for this journey!

Things have also been getting a little more organized in terms of sleeping and waking times. I have been trying to get to bed by 10 and wake up at 6. It worked well this last week and my productivity levels soared, telling the one from the previous day how much better the weather and the view were from a level above. Wish me well for this coming week!

I'll keep the post short. Here's an illustration I started for the book. I am currently working on a modified version of it. 

Since there is less inertia in casting a quick vote rather than write a longform comment, how about you tell me: what this illustration generally makes you feel? I would truly, deeply appreciate your feedback.

A. "Cute! Tell me more." or you like it and want to see more.
B. "That is a weirdly shaped head/body! Also, how does Physics work in your characters' world?" or you think this is wayy off the mark for anything that you would like to see in a children's book.
C. "I want to buy this little girl some furniture for her room." or you'd like to see more intricate detail in the picture that would tell a part of the story by itself.
D. "I love where this is going and want to pay you much monies for it!" or you're my family commenting from the next room. Or you love it.

Want to chime in but don't feel particularly chatty? Feel free to leave a "Yes" or a "No" too.

Bedtime now. Goodnight folks, may your thoughts be light and the cream in your coffee, heavy.



Comments

  1. A for me!
    Also, get her a pet in the next illustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first responder! Thanks Josh, that's heartening. A pet? Noted.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts