Cleaning Up Traditional Art

Original Picture of my Line Art
The reference for this sketch was a drawing by Burdge, an artist I love. The above is a picture of my drawing on paper. Up until now, I just took pictures of my drawings on paper and uploaded them after erasing obvious extraneous pencil marks or smudges. However for this post I wanted to learn to clean my line drawings up and try to restore some of the original feel. 

Here's the awesome tutorial on tutsplus I followed to clean up and bring back some lost texture to the art.


Background Erased with a Layer mask and Contrast Bumped Up



Texturized with the Canvas Texture

That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a 3 word comment telling me the thought that struck you as you you're reading *this* line. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts