Cel Shading with Naruto

"Dattebayo!"


Hello you,

It's been a while since my last post. The reason I've been away is that I'm trying to change up my schedule this new year. Instead of doing a daily post (which usually takes about an hour and a half or more), I'm going to be spending more time learning stuff and will update the blog fortnightly (at least) with a project of sorts to use the techniques that I've learnt. But it is very tempting to update the blog more frequently and I will probably try and update it a couple times in between.

I'm also trying to get to bed at a time that a majority of humankind refers to as 'decent'. This is turning out to be quite difficult given how my circadian rhythm seems to be wired so that my wakefulness and creativity are optimal at night when the rest of the world quietens down. This means my creating hours are currently confined to the day and that is not too productive at the moment. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Anyhoo, today's post is the product of a rendering technique called Cel Shading which Wikipedia describes as "Cel shading (often misspelled as 'cell shading') or toon shading is a type of non-photorealistic rendering designed to make 3-D computer graphics appear to be flat by using less shading color instead of a shade gradient or tints and shades. Cel-shading is often used to mimic the style of a comic book orcartoon and/or give it a characteristic paper-like texture".

It was fun and I will be doing more of this in the near future. In the mean time, enjoy little Naruto.

Comments

Popular Posts