My Desktop Companion



Process Pic #3: Final Android. Don't you just love the pinkish light bouncing off him?



Process Pic #2 : Color happy droid




Process Pic #1 : Line Drawing and Shading


So today, I learnt a technique on how to color things. COLOR, damnit! That elusive thing of mystery that beckons to me like a flame does a moth. I have had my own methodology for doing it before but today was like The Secret Society of Color Benders gave me a sneak peak into their ways. Thank you Andrew Hou, you are a wonderful teacher.

I present to you my sparkly, colorful Mr. Android. Actually, the picture is a bit of a fabrication. In reality, Droid lost his left antenna to an experiment I was conducting to determine the most suitable shoulder massager for long days at the computer. His fellow contenders were an orange and a book. For reasons untold, I believed he might emerge the victor but I was wrong and I lost him an appendage. Don't ask about the orange. In the end, I determined that his antennae are indeed fragile (as they appear) and that he was a better desk companion than a massage helper. And a cooperative model for my painting. So I dedicate this painting to him (and his phantom antenna) and his unwavering support.

The first week of January is already half way done! How is yours going? 

Comments

Popular Posts