Zer0



Good day, fellow human.

It has been nearly forever since I've intended to start and maintain a portfolio of my drawings and sketches. More than acting as a gallery, the purpose I see it serving at this stage of my drawing career is that of a progress tracker. As many perfectionists will identify, I have been paralyzed by the fear of the less-than-perfect piece and thus refrained from keeping a tracker at all. Of course, this is counter-intuitive to any progress especially given just how essential being aware of the little victories along the path to mastery really are. The smallest of victories, like mastering a steady pencil stroke from the shoulder (even if you have promptly forgotten it in the next 24 hours and it might appear as if a stroke mastered you instead) or rendering gesture sketches 5 seconds faster than a previous attempt, are the secret to beating days when motivation is scarce or when Netflix calls at 11 am.

So here is the piece I decided to start my blog-ress tracker with. (Yes, unbeknownst to you, you have arrived in pun land and you best prepare yourself for a puntiful share of good, bad and ugly ones as you journey with me) As many of you might know, this is Zer0 from Borderlands 2 with his very cool, blue katana. I drew it as a birthday gift but will probably work on it more before it can serve its intended purpose as a screensaver.

Feel a burning urge to F0ll0wthr0ugh with a comment? Do it. And thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

  1. I LOVE it! Keep the drawings and puns coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A critical hit
      So very satisfying
      I live for such thrills.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts